How water helps us
We already know how many glasses of water, h20, agua, fizzle (whatever floats your boat) that we need to drink a daily basis. We don’t need the lecture, the pamplet, the daily reminder, “the push”. Please save your breath…out of the 8-14 breaths each minute and 1,440 minutes you or the average person breathes in a day. Bet you didn’t know that one, huh? 😉
What many people aren’t full aware of is how to remember how much water we need to drink on a regular basis or to maintain our optimal state of health as water is one of the most crucial components of our body that keeps us healthy and energized.
Here’s some easy ways to get you started:
- Set an alarm on your phone or clock to alert you every thirty minutes or one hour how much more you need to drink. You can also use this time to get up, stretch your legs and check your posture.
- Get a small 12 ounce water bottle if you can refill it often. Otherwise, buy a liter bottle with a goal of drinking it by the end of the day.
- Drinking water before meals can help you stay fuller faster and eat less – which is especially helpful for weight management.
- Fruits and vegetables are 80-90% water so as you eat more of them, you won’t have to drink so much plain water.
- “The more you drink water, the more you’ll begin to accommodate yourself well with the “pee test.” Simply check your urine afterwards. Healthy and hydrated urine is said to be clear or pastel yellow. The darker you are, that’s a reminder that you still have a long way to go.
- Add at least one liter of water to your daily water intake after an intense workout.